3. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Application. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
3.1 Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Application, you may be required to create an account (“Account”), by one of the following methods (for types of Accounts in the application please see the Terms):
(a) You may create an account by completing a form on the Application. If you create an Account you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, as well as a password that you will use for your Account.
(b) You may also choose to create an Account by logging in with your Facebook account which you may do by clicking on a Facebook ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Application (“Facebook Account”). Doing so will enable you to link your Bosco Account and your Facebook Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we may obtain from Facebook, including your name, Facebook identification (ID) number, your profile picture, your gender, age range, locale and time zone, and e-mail address. You may disable or withdraw certain Permissions in the settings section of your Facebook Account (on Facebook), but doing so may cause certain features of the Application to become unavailable to you. In addition to the use of data described here, we may also use such data as described in Sections 4 (The Way We Use Personal Information) and 5 (Use of Anonymous Information) below. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE MAY KEEP DATA WE OBTAIN FROM FACEBOOK AS DESCRIBED ABOVE EVEN AFTER WE CEASE USING THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM OR OFFER FACEBOOK FUNCTIONALITY SUCH AS FACEBOOK CONNECT OR LOGIN ON THE APPLICATION.
Regardless of whether you create an Account through a form on the Application or by using your Facebook Account, you may also choose to provide additional Personal Information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. We may send you a text message to your mobile phone or an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Application.
(c) You may also choose to create an Account by logging in with your Google account which you may do by clicking on a Google or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Application (“Google Account”). Doing so will enable you to link your Bosco Account and your Google Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we may obtain from Google, including but not limited to your name, your profile picture, your gender, age range, locale and time zone, and e-mail address. You may disable or withdraw certain Permissions in the settings section of your Google Account (on Google), but doing so may cause certain features of the Application to become unavailable to you. In addition to the use of data described here, we may also use such data as described in Sections 4 (The Way We Use Personal Information) and 5 (Use of Anonymous Information) below. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE MAY KEEP DATA WE OBTAIN FROM GOOGLE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE EVEN AFTER WE CEASE USING THE GOOGLE PLATFORM OR OFFER GOOLGE FUNCTIONALITY SUCH AS GOOGLE CONNECT OR LOGIN ON THE APPLICATION.
Regardless of whether you create an Account through a form on the Application or by using your Google Account, you may also choose to provide additional Personal Information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. We may send you a text message to your mobile phone or an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Application.
3.2 Add child device. In order to add a monitored child device, you may be required to provide certain information, such as the name of the child, birthdate, gender, phone number and e-mail address. You may also provide additional information such as a profile picture for the Child.
3.3 ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
3.4 Invite Friends Service. The Application may enable you to invite your friends to use our Application by sending them an invitation email or message through a third-party service such as Facebook or Twitter. If you send an invitation to a friend, we may obtain your e-mail address or the username and ID for your third-party service account.
3.5 Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Application may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Application and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Application. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
4. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Application, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
4.1 We will use location data to enable to locate the monitor phone in case of an emergency, whether the app is in use or not
4.2 We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Application, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Application and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Application that you are authorized to access.
4.3 We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Application and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
4.4 If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message, we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend a message by the method you have chosen with the invitation or the shared content (as applicable). Your name and email address may be included in the message.
4.7 We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Application if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Bosco, our users, yourself or the public.
4.8 We will collect user's device installed application usage data, and use it to analyze user's social activity. Collected data will not be shared with any other parties
5. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous or de-identified Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Application and enhance your experience with the Application. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as user-level information about the use of our Application. You acknowledge and agree that even if you request that we delete personal information obtained from Facebook in connection with your Facebook Account, we may nevertheless retain Anonymous Information which was based on that information and use such information as described in this Section 5.
6. legal basis for processing your data
We are the data controller with respect to the personal data collected and processed within the scope of the service provided via the application. Only we collect and maintain personal information through the application. In this capacity, we process your personal data pursuant to the following:
Your informed consent to this Policy. Note that you may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before such withdrawal.
As necessary for the performance of the Terms which are a contract that you and the Company have entered for the provision of the Service.
7. Accessing, Updating or Deleting your Personal Information and Obtaining a Copy of it
If the law grants you such rights, you may ask to review the personal information about you and your child that is stored in our systems. You may also ask for our confirmation as to whether or not we process personal information concerning you or your child.
You may request that we delete the information we have about you or your child. If you do so, we will also terminate the provision of the service to you.
Subject to the limitations in law, you may request that we update or correct inaccurate or outdated personal information.
Subject to law, you may also be entitled to obtain from us the personal data that you directly provided to us (excluding data we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in order to transmit such data to third party.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.orgWhen handling these requests, we may ask for additional information to confirm your identity and your request.
8. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Application-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Application.
9. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Application, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
3. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we may make available on the Application or you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
10. Children’s Privacy. We do not target or sell products, programs or services to children. Children under 13 years of age may not submit personally identifiable information without the consent of a parent. We do not provide any personally identifiable information about children under 13 years of age to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
11. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Data retention
We retain the personal data we collect for as long as needed in order to provide the Service to you. We then either delete from our systems or anonymize it, so long as we are not otherwise legally required to retain the data or require it in order to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
If you withdraw your consent to us processing you and your child’s information, we will erase the information from our systems so long as we are not otherwise required to retain the data or need it in order to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
13. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
12. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
13. Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party web applications and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web applications when a consumer uses the Application.
14. Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: January 10, 2019
address (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored More (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)